Online Fanboyz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ferrari Challenge Rouls
Call of Duty 4 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm by GTNeidher

» GTP5 Online
Call of Duty 4 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:01 pm by Hereward

» Home club
Call of Duty 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 pm by GTNeidher

» Home....no it will be released
Call of Duty 4 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm by Hereward

» Tonights Racing,
Call of Duty 4 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 pm by Manse

» New NXE Dashboard update
Call of Duty 4 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm by Evil Penguin

» ITS A BOY!!!
Call of Duty 4 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm by Evil Penguin

» Gears of war 2
Call of Duty 4 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 pm by Evil Penguin

» Post your Online ID
Call of Duty 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm by Manse

Top posters
Hereward (346)
Call of Duty 4 Vote_lcapCall of Duty 4 Voting_barCall of Duty 4 Vote_rcap 
Manse (223)
bigjizzy (208)
Joker (133)
david79uk (104)
Evil Penguin (23)
Man of Kent (21)
SkytracK (12)
Curt (10)
Bansheeragger (7)

Gallery

Call of Duty 4 Empty
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Call of Duty 4

5 posters

Go down

Call of Duty 4 Empty Call of Duty 4

Post by Hereward Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:03 am

details up soon
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

https://onlinefanboyz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty 4 Empty Re: Call of Duty 4

Post by Joker Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:31 am

I'm interested in this, sick of getting my arse kicked simply because there was on-one covering the rear/side etc. I need to grab a head set first tho.
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:39 am

cool your on the team....that makes 2 of us Wink well we can do some 2 on 2 deathmatches......but to save me getting shot in the back of the head...GET A HEADSET! Twisted Evil
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:40 am

hey you stepped in my path, not my fault Razz i'm not blame if you can't see gun fire flying over your shoulder lol
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:51 pm

just had two cracking matches on cod4, both time there was lots of comms, in one game a guy even took it upon him self to follow me around and take up the rear (very helpful on many occasions!), he also did a bit of spotting for the rest of the team, shouting out the positions of enemy snipers (which can sometimes be a bugger to find on hardcore team death match) . convinced me even more i need to get a headset. do we know if any old usb headset will work? plus my biiiiiig question...

do the comms come through separately from the FX/music side of things? ie. can I have cars blowing up and gun fire coming through the tv and comms in my head set?
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Err NO in a word mate.

All sound will be through your headset. im pretty sure mate.
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:55 pm

Joker wrote:just had two cracking matches on cod4, both time there was lots of comms, in one game a guy even took it upon him self to follow me around and take up the rear (very helpful on many occasions!), he also did a bit of spotting for the rest of the team, shouting out the positions of enemy snipers (which can sometimes be a bugger to find on hardcore team death match) . convinced me even more i need to get a headset. do we know if any old usb headset will work? plus my biiiiiig question...

do the comms come through separately from the FX/music side of things? ie. can I have cars blowing up and gun fire coming through the tv and comms in my head set?

yeah all game noise comes through your tv and the comms come through the headset Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 pm

i dont see why not, if i'm plugging in a usb headset they should be able to route the comms through the headset and the sound through the normal route (ie tv), anything less is quite frankly lazy of them not to program it that way and stupid.
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 pm

Manse wrote:yeah all game noise comes through your tv and the comms come through the headset Very Happy

perfect!
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:00 pm

I stand corrected Smile
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by david79uk Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:02 pm

Joker wrote:i dont see why not, if i'm plugging in a usb headset they should be able to route the comms through the headset and the sound through the normal route (ie tv), anything less is quite frankly lazy of them not to program it that way and stupid.

just microsoft ripping people off so that we have to buy there stuff lol
however......i have heard that some people use there old mobile phone head sets,aslong as the jack fits into the controller port.
david79uk
david79uk
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:04 pm

doesnt the controller work via bluetooth???

If thats the case surely you could use a bluetooth headset ?
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by david79uk Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:25 pm

bigjizzy wrote:doesnt the controller work via bluetooth???

lol i only just realised i was posting in the ps3 section....sorry bout that chaps
anyway try this link and i hope it helps ya out http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148998
david79uk
david79uk
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:34 pm

david79uk wrote:
bigjizzy wrote:doesnt the controller work via bluetooth???

lol i only just realised i was posting in the ps3 section....sorry bout that chaps
anyway try this link and i hope it helps ya out http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148998

whoa david dont stray into the ps3 section son , they are nowhere near as friendly as the 360 boys Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 am

Yeah.....see that batmat vid! gwuruhhhh! geutrhurrrr! scratch

Anyway....from the horses mouth. Bluetooth headsets AKA the ones sold for mobile phones all work fine with the PS3. but there only as good as what there desighn for, for the best coms you realy want a USB headset, ASDA £24 for the trust one. or any usb headset desighned for PC's. coms only come through the headset everything else comes through the TV or suround sound. online gaming with friends is hugely restrictive with no coms! I don't play COD4 half as much as I should with yourself as you have no coms........I can see ya and cover you to a point but I have no idea what your planning on doing next nor can I do any tactical stuff. Had the same problem with steve, unfortunatly steve is a bit blood thirsty and the amount of times hes just burst into a room and opened up with a suport gun to clear a room (told ya, overkill!) was just silly, especialy when I'm crouched by a window with a sniper rifle.....thud....respaawn time Suspect
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:40 am

hey it works and everything. had a brill clan match tonight, lots of fun, was able with three of us (only two with head sets) to basically lock down areas all night, and pretty much boss everyone around who wasn't on the clan (if they cared so much they should have bought comms) lol
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:02 am

Yeah 3 of us could influence to a degree the outcome of a match and to be hones with only 2 of us with Mics steve )the third) didn't have muchinfluence on things, sort steve with coms tommorow and if we can dwt 1 more weve cracked it. Funny how you propose a plan, compliment a few guys on good shots and suddenly toy find most of the team taging along and manning positions without a second thought LOL good games

Sorry for the spelling, it's the wine LOL
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:21 am

Well another class night on COD4 again steve (must get him to sighn up to the forum) was micless but he should be sorted tommorow! As usual you start coms going and suddenly the whole team are following your orders to the extent some even pluged in there headsets LOL We were up against the same team for 3 hours and it was 50/50 throughout the night....they were good but prefared to run and gun which was there downfal when we could hold the team together in one location and let them run onto us. Guys were happy to cover areas even if they were quiet and on average the whole team were getting 15 kills each per match, good spread of snipers, suport and asault roles being played. might have a few sighning up to swell the ranks as well. SOCOM and dare I say COD5 are looking good bets at the moment.
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:35 am

yea hope the guys we picked up along the way sign up to the forums, where a good bunch.

had a blast.

first three matches where a case of holding a building for 3/4 of the match, getting overrun and then trying to taking it back up to the finish line. brilliant stuff.

we got bumped unbelievably fast on 5/6 match, forget which map, two seconds in and we where getting fire from both sides, ended up being pushed all over the map during the game, don't think we where able to keep the same spot for more than 2-3 mins.

wetwork got a messy as per usual. but thank the lord the other team resisted the urge to just stan back and throw grenades and actually came rushing up.

bloc was good, had 4 guys on comms by then, that one is always a bit mad because you can never work out which building your team is in and which is the one you should be shooting at.

also classic moment between me and owen... stood either side of a door... guy comes running through... goes to knife me., just misses me and i shout "shoot him" (i was reloading) ... owen promptly shoots at me.. " no not me, him!" (whilst dodging another knife attack)..... finally i managed to knife the barstuward and owen was left wondering wtf was going on and where this guy was (stood 4 inches in from of him lol). "oh i was just looking at shoes here" was the excuse wtf...

lol

good game
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down