Online Fanboyz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ferrari Challenge Rouls
Call Of Duty World At War EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm by GTNeidher

» GTP5 Online
Call Of Duty World At War EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:01 pm by Hereward

» Home club
Call Of Duty World At War EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 pm by GTNeidher

» Home....no it will be released
Call Of Duty World At War EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm by Hereward

» Tonights Racing,
Call Of Duty World At War EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 pm by Manse

» New NXE Dashboard update
Call Of Duty World At War EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm by Evil Penguin

» ITS A BOY!!!
Call Of Duty World At War EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm by Evil Penguin

» Gears of war 2
Call Of Duty World At War EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 pm by Evil Penguin

» Post your Online ID
Call Of Duty World At War EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm by Manse

Top posters
Hereward (346)
Call Of Duty World At War Vote_lcapCall Of Duty World At War Voting_barCall Of Duty World At War Vote_rcap 
Manse (223)
Call Of Duty World At War Vote_lcapCall Of Duty World At War Voting_barCall Of Duty World At War Vote_rcap 
bigjizzy (208)
Joker (133)
david79uk (104)
Evil Penguin (23)
Man of Kent (21)
SkytracK (12)
Curt (10)
Bansheeragger (7)

Gallery

Call Of Duty World At War Empty
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Call Of Duty World At War

3 posters

Go down

Call Of Duty World At War Empty Call Of Duty World At War

Post by Manse Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:30 pm

just been over to the official COD site and the Beta for World At War is getting a bit of a slating , below is basically 1 post which sorts of sets the trend on what everyone is saying about it

guys, i've been loyal to the call of duty franchise since cod 1, but cod 5 is just a joke.

AFTER PLAYING THE BETA......

all that has happened is they took the gameplay engine from cod 4, used all the same stuff (perks, attachments etc...) and just changed the maps. NOTHING NEW HERE! Really, i do not see any originality at all

the 7th kill streak is annoying - it brings in the dogs. The dogs are bloody annoying, whereas the chopper in cod 4 was challenging

the guns feel like little plastic pistols, poor sound effects and damn ulgly looking

i've really got to point out that the character voices are really amateur! at least in cod 4 the marines really sounded like marines, but in cod 5, the characters sound like poor immitations

oh, and the graphics are really disappointing too! it not as smooth and textured as cod4....felt like i was playing a game that was released a few years ago, not a game title being released in 2008

I WAS REALLY ANTICIPATING THIS GAME, ESPECIALLY SINCE I WAS STARTING TO GET BORED OF COD 4 (DESPITE IT BEING THE BEST DAMN GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED), BUT THE COMMON OPINION WITH ALL THE PLAYERS ONLINE WAS THAT THERE IS NOTHING NEW HERE, AND IT IS JUST LIKE PLAYING COD4 BUT WITH NEW ENVIRONMENTS AND REALLY POOR WEAPONS. i'M VERY DISAPPOINTED AND I REALLY HOPE THAT THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM TAKES NOTE OF ALL THE COMPLAINTS.

as for me, i played the beta for 30 mins, and i don't think i'll touch the game again

AS FOR YOU GUYS THAT ARE BORED OF COD 4 AND ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW WITH COD 5 - I'M SORRY TO SAY, YOU'LL GET BORED VERY QUICKLY

cod 4 took two steps forward, but cod 5 took one step back......

what do you all think? Is it just me, or could the development team done a lot more with this?

please post your comments if you've played the beta, i really think the development team needs to hear us

PLEASE NOTE: although i initially played it for 30 mins (just after posting this initial comment), i went back and thought i'd give it another go - i played it for another 5 hours, but i was literally forcing myself to play it, thinking maybe it will grow on me.....no such luck

although it uses the same game engine as cod 4, there is no comparing the two. It should be interesting to see what the major 'reviews' are going to say about the final product

and yes, i know it is a beta, yes i am grateful that i was granted access, and that is why i am providing feedback!
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty World At War Empty Re: Call Of Duty World At War

Post by Hereward Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:40 pm

I drew caution to this game, or rather the developers and past efforts on another forum a few months back, I was slaged off then, seems my concerns were justified though.
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

https://onlinefanboyz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:17 am

yeah its getting good ratings from a few numptys over on AV Forums and i quote 1 guy who actually said every COD game was better than the 1 before , erm remember COD 3 ? what a load of shit that was , cod 4 was an immense step in the right direction with a totally new engine it was nothing like 3 in any way and it was a groundbreaking game in its field , looks like 5 is similar to 3 from what people with the beta are saying , will check out some vids and if any are any good and can give us some sort of impression of the game play i will post them up Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:25 am

COD5 should basically have been COD4 with a different environment. I.e WW2

Thats what players wanted. a different scenario with a different story. Perhaps the ability to play as both sides maybe....

But on the whole we want COD4 with a Lee Enfield MKII Smile Smile
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:25 am

I'm not sure why they still use the australian developers that did COD3, if you remember COD2 was fantastic.....then COD3, we tried to love it but it was medicore to say the least, then of course back to the original developers and they give us another gem in COD4......now back to the australians and COD5.........They seem to have been given the engine of COD4 and basicly all they had to do was slap some new textures on there and desighn some new maps.....but from the looks of it theyve cocked even that simple task.
COD has a loyal band of follewers who will defend the game till the end, the team responsable for COD2 and COD3 truely push the game foreward and the platforms there on, the other team should really be droped but because of the name they do generate cash for the series even if it's at the detriment to the overal quality of the series, but beware the COD fanboys will be very vocal if you say ANYTHING about it LOL
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

https://onlinefanboyz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:34 am

Be warned im about to swear.....

If they dont sort it out im gonna play Medal of Honour.............
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:15 pm

yeah its the same old same old IMO , they are now going to sell a not very good game on the back of COD 4 which is not a good idea but works every time , cod 3 was a dismal game which was pretty much broken all the way through so they gave it back to the clever people to fix and they came up with COD 4 which was a fantastic game and now they have given it back to the numptys again for COD 5 , i think the dogs in COD 5 are goin to be annoying enough for me to not even go and buy this game , IMO if you are bringing a sequel out then it has to be better than the one before especially at £40 a go
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Ok Ok i have to make an apology , i got an e-mail this morning with a COD beta code so have just been on for half an hour and well , its very good , i know Howler has the beta too and am goin to be playing it in depth on thursday and friday night so will post up a better review over the weekend when i have played it more , first impressions are that its very good , the helicopter has been relapced by dogs in the multiplayer and i was a bit sceptical about that as they were a pain in the arse on COD4 but you can shoot these quite easily in the beta although you usually find an enemy or two following the dogs around , Maps seem really nice although quite dark for some reason and they seem to be well thought out with loads of cover , and multi entry and exit points so no sitting in a room waiting for someone to walk in , sit around too long and the chances are you will die in a heap from someone you didn't even know was there , anyway like i said i will post up a better review over the weekend and if anyone else has the beta just give us a shout and come and join us for some team deathmatch , cheers , Manse Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down