Online Fanboyz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ferrari Challenge Rouls
Play TV EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm by GTNeidher

» GTP5 Online
Play TV EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:01 pm by Hereward

» Home club
Play TV EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 pm by GTNeidher

» Home....no it will be released
Play TV EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm by Hereward

» Tonights Racing,
Play TV EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 pm by Manse

» New NXE Dashboard update
Play TV EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm by Evil Penguin

» ITS A BOY!!!
Play TV EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm by Evil Penguin

» Gears of war 2
Play TV EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 pm by Evil Penguin

» Post your Online ID
Play TV EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm by Manse

Top posters
Hereward (346)
Play TV Vote_lcapPlay TV Voting_barPlay TV Vote_rcap 
Manse (223)
bigjizzy (208)
Joker (133)
david79uk (104)
Evil Penguin (23)
Man of Kent (21)
SkytracK (12)
Curt (10)
Bansheeragger (7)

Gallery

Play TV Empty
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Play TV

4 posters

Go down

Play TV Empty Play TV

Post by Hereward Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Sometimes it's hard to keep track of what's "official" and what's not -- especially because Sony continues to contradict itself. (Case in point: PSP Brite's battery life.) When we first heard the Euro-exclusive PlayTV box would allow users to copy recorded shows onto the PSP, we all said "yay." The convenience of recording TV and taking it with us wherever we go sounded swell. Then, we found out that the files would be restricted.

Well, with PlayTV in the hands of reviewers, it appears Sony has switched back to the original plan. You'll now be able to copy DRM-free versions of your recorded programs to your PSP, or any other compatible MPEG-4 device, at least according to CVG.

Our European readers may want to check out CVG's review. The rest of us will just sit here in the corner, waiting.

Go see the review section, I've posted up the CVG review.
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

https://onlinefanboyz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Play TV Empty Re: Play TV

Post by Joker Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Ok i've had this a day, and to be honest I'm not a fan. I'm just watched a recording of Later with jools holland (which i watched live) and the recording is chopping in and out in some places.... never did that when i was watching it live, and to be honest it just kills the songs... like a scratched CD. since about 80% of what i record is music based I may have to go back to my old system if this keeps up.

Also i was trying to work out why you can't record two programs at once?... if i can record one and watch a different one... then recording two should be no problem... obviously the issue is that it can't even record one correctly let alone two.

they need to sort it out, quickly. its a show stopper.

oh yea... and the old chestnut of have no fecking volume control .... so I need to have two remotes... why didn't they just include volume control. what i would have done in the past is bought a programmable remote and done it that way... but i can't because they have used bluetooth. grr.

more review when more annoys me about it.
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:41 pm

ooooooo that don't sound good, recording stuff is really it's selling point if it can't do that properly theres really no point to it Suspect
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:05 pm

yea. I'm going to fire off an email to tech support, give them a bit of grief, see if they are willing to do a patch. if not then the product is defective if it can't complete its basic advertised functionality correctly so i'll ask for a refund.
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:52 am

Talking of basic functionality......2nd 360 just RRoD..........oh fecking joy, seems I'm killing them every 2 weeks, oh yeah and the cars computer has decided to give me the finger as well pale
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:16 am

another one ??????? i think u ought to get one with a built in geiger counter , just out of interest does your lady glow green after a session ? lol!

on a serious note ( unless she does glow green and then that really is serious ) why do developers release things that are broken and then have to arse around with patches to fix it ? i understand if its a tiny problem you can only really find out by mass testing thats fair enough but play seems totally broken , the ps3 have been around a couple of years now and i am sure even a numpty at Sony knows when something is severely fooked , Play shouldn't have been released with such severe issues in my opinion , and while i am in rant mode geme developers need a kicking too for delaying games for months , what a load of tosh , if they give a release date they should have to stick to it instead of going building a bridge for a team building exercise , heres a team building exercise for you , build the fricking game you are bein paid too , Resident evil 5 , get it done , get it done now !! Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Welcome to the cpnsoles of broken promises, Home is about a year over due LOL GT5......erm well that ones still in the air, as for play, if theres issues with it Sony are prety quick to patch things with weeks being the norm not months. Lets not mention COD2 on the 360 and it's online patch.
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Just trawled the net for some info on Jokers problem recording, nada out there? Is this happenig all the time? or only when you use the HDD to play games whilst recording? Could it be an issue with the size of your drive? I'm in 2 minds as to get one or wait to see if this is a general problem, any chance in borrowing yours for a day to see if I get the same problem?
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:27 pm

I did hear a early reviewer mention the problem (can't find the link). I was recording and watching the program at the same time. nothing else what happening on the machine.

I do have one theory... which i need help to test... I seem to remember alot of "xya is online" "zyx is offline" messages poping up during that show... its possible it might have been that? I need to test that at some point.
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:28 pm

borrow my TV for a day?!?! O_O

*splutters*
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:18 am

Found some info......replie to article on PS3 fanboy

Re: downloads being paused...is this due to the software using the internet to grab the EPG info (rather than over the air), so it pauses PSN downloads (like many online games do).

Personally, Im STILL waiting for Play.com to deliver it (and Star Wars:FU) ...I actually think Royal Mail have lost my order...anyway...Im looking forward to getting it but annoyed that it wont support DVB-T2... although I read a thread on a forum somewhere that the device memory is flashable, and a firmware change to the device could change the encoding it accepts...but im sure its more than just encoding issues that need to be solved in order for DVB-T2 to magically work.

cheers
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:09 am

ah yes, one of the many people complain about not being able to watch HD freeview there.... FORGETTING THE FACT THERE IS NO FECKING HD FREEVIEW. twats.

jesus, if I hear that complaint once more...

"er my new corsa doesn't support anti-gravity flying... bloody vauxhall"
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:10 am

also "is this due to the software using the internet to grab the EPG info" hmm no, that would be moronic. EPG is provided over the air for a reason... developing a new service to distribute it over the net would be like pissing money away.

Very Happy
Joker
Joker
technical admin
technical admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:52 pm

I CANNOT believe you have killed another one owen. i did say t'other day. you are most definitely radioactive.... Smile Smile

Id say now is the time for a 360 Elite Smile Smile

Either that or develop some form of slow death for the gamestation your going to, as there clearly selling all these Rrod 360's that keep getting returned. Smile
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down