Online Fanboyz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ferrari Challenge Rouls
New NXE Dashboard update EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm by GTNeidher

» GTP5 Online
New NXE Dashboard update EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:01 pm by Hereward

» Home club
New NXE Dashboard update EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 pm by GTNeidher

» Home....no it will be released
New NXE Dashboard update EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm by Hereward

» Tonights Racing,
New NXE Dashboard update EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 pm by Manse

» New NXE Dashboard update
New NXE Dashboard update EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm by Evil Penguin

» ITS A BOY!!!
New NXE Dashboard update EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm by Evil Penguin

» Gears of war 2
New NXE Dashboard update EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 pm by Evil Penguin

» Post your Online ID
New NXE Dashboard update EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm by Manse

Top posters
Hereward (346)
New NXE Dashboard update Vote_lcapNew NXE Dashboard update Voting_barNew NXE Dashboard update Vote_rcap 
Manse (223)
New NXE Dashboard update Vote_lcapNew NXE Dashboard update Voting_barNew NXE Dashboard update Vote_rcap 
bigjizzy (208)
Joker (133)
david79uk (104)
Evil Penguin (23)
Man of Kent (21)
SkytracK (12)
Curt (10)
Bansheeragger (7)

Gallery

New NXE Dashboard update Empty
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

New NXE Dashboard update

5 posters

Go down

New NXE Dashboard update Empty New NXE Dashboard update

Post by Manse Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:11 pm

The Xbox 360 Fall Flash update will be available to you by 2pm PST on November 14th (5pm EST on November 14th, 10pm GMT on November 14th).

If you would like to post comments regarding your experiences with the New Xbox Experience, or interact with other preview participants please use the Newsgroups link on the connect site.

If you need technical assistance with the Xbox 360 Fall Flash and you're in the US or Canada and speak English; you can also call 877-783-1507. Phone lines will be open between the hours of 8am and 6pm CST. Do not publish or otherwise share this phone number with people that are not participating in the preview.

In participation with this program, you should not move your storage device (hard drive, or memory unit if you do not have a hard drive) to any other console as it will also update that console. If an unregistered console is updated with the NXE update, that console will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE until the NXE has been officially released on November 19th.

Please remember that your participation in the Public Preview Program is subject to the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use.

We thank you for your participation and hope that you enjoy the New Xbox Experience.

See you online,

The Xbox 360 team

so as from around 10 pm tonight i will have the new update , no doubt it will probably go tits up and kill my console but hey ho , to be one of the chosen few lol , anyone else get an e-mail ? Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New NXE Dashboard update Empty Re: New NXE Dashboard update

Post by Hereward Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Nope nada! good job though as with my 360 record it would set fire to it LOL
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

https://onlinefanboyz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:23 pm

For the love of god nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hereward DO NOT DO IT!!! Smile
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:32 pm

So this hits on wensday. Think I can cram Forza 2 and R6 onto my empty HDD....maybe LOL how dose that system work manse? do I still need to put my disc in to play? also what other features are in the update? I know about the character thingie? I take it thats yours in your sig? can you throw a list of stuff that comes in the new update matey?
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:27 pm

dash takes a bit of getting used to as i had a message after i did the update and it took me about 20 mins to find it and read it lol , avatars a quite cool but you just know al the good clothes and things you really like for them are goin to cost you with microsoft points , friends list is now quite a pain in the arse , how it works is your online friends are at the start of the list with the game they are playing to the right hand side of them and then your offline friends are asleep further down the list , at the moment its a bit toss as only 3 people on my list have the new update so there are just loads of blank spaces and yes that is mine in my sig , gives you the option after creating to take a pic and use it as your gamer pic , saving a game to hard drive takes around 20 mins to half an hour depending on the size of the game , gears is around 6 gig so on a 20 gig with all your saved game data etc you might just get 2 games on the hard drive , one bonus for me was i had a copy of DIRT which my old 360 laser scraped a big circular line around and knackered the game and it wouldn't load , have now installed it to the hard drive and it plays fine and yes you do have to have the disc you are playing in the drive but its only to verify you have the game , bang went my trip to rent 10 games from blockbuster lol , to be honest i am not to sure what the other stuff is , i imagine it will be the same old behind the scene stuff you never really notice or care about ie video format etc , obviously if you are playing a game from the hard drive you now have no disc noise at all which is great ( did microsoft do this for the benefit of the gamer or to cut down the cost of laser and dvd drive replacement ) know what my money is on , when you are in game and press the Xbox button on your pad you get pretty much the same functions as you did before ie , messages , friends , invite etc but they have tarted it up a bit and just looks a bit nicer , is it worth getting excited about ? hell yeah , does it look good ? hell yeah , just for the saving to hard drive its worth it if nothing else , if and when i find anything new i will pop some posts up , to be honest i have been too busy on gears to have a proper look at the dash but i have now completed on insane so i might have a better look later Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Man of Kent Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:04 pm

Manse wrote: but i have now completed on insane so i might have a better look later Very Happy

I.... I... What about the co-op LOL

Seriously good fun this afo mate especially that bit at the top of the courtyard

Go 15 to do on insane now
Man of Kent
Man of Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Man of Kent Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Heads up...

The New Xbox Experience reinvents home entertainment from the inside out, changing the way we play games, watch movies and TV shows, and even become contestants in game shows. It all begins this fall with a bold new look and feel that is fun, social, and simple to use.

Game Marketplace

Now you can enter the Download & Win Sweepstakes for your chance at some big prizes.
We've got a million Microsoft Points
to give away, so don't miss your chance!

To enter, just register your gamertag by downloading the NXE Download & Win Gamer Picture, and then download any of the premium Marketplace content listed below.

The NXE Download & Win entry period begins at 6:01 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) on November 19, 2008, and ends at 11:59 pm PT on November 23, 2008. The more you download the more entries you receive, up to a maximum of ten entries per person.

Before registering for the sweepstakes, make sure your Xbox LIVE account information is accurate! Potential winners will be notified by the sweepstakes administrator and have their prizes shipped using the contact info (e-mail, phone, and address) on their Xbox LIVE profile. If your contact info is not up-to-date you will be disqualified from winning a prize.

Sweepstakes Registration
You must register for the sweepstakes before the end of the entry period on November 23, 2008 by downloading the New Xbox Experience Download & Win Gamer Picture:

Before November 19:

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE Marketplace
2. Select Game Store
3. Select All Games
4. Select New Xbox Experience
5. Select NXE Download and Win Gamer Picture from the list of available content and select Confirm Download
6. Upon the successful completion of the Gamer Picture download, you will see a Thank You for Registering message.

After November 19:

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVEMarketplace
2. Select Themes & Gamer Pictures
3. Select AllThemes & Gamer Pictures
4. Select All
5. Select New Xbox Experience
6. Select NXE Download and Win Gamer Picture from the list of available content and select Confirm Download
7. Upon the successful completion of the Gamer Picture download, you will see a Thank You for Registering message.

You may also access the free NXE Download and Win Registration Gamer Picture via the banner ads running on the Xbox LIVE dashboard.

Sweepstakes Entry
You will automatically receive one entry into the sweepstakes when you download the New Xbox Experience (automatic) and redeem Microsoft Points for downloadable Xbox LIVE Marketplace content in any one of the following categories:

* Movie
* TV Show
* Full Arcade Game
* Xbox Originals
* Game Add-On
* Music Video

There is a maximum limit of ten total entries per person.

Marketplace

Prize Information
After the sweepstakes is over, 46 winners will be selected from all eligible entries to receive the following prizes:

* One Grand Prize: 500,000 Microsoft Points
* Five First Prizes: 50,000 Microsoft Points
* Ten Second Prizes: 10,000 Microsoft Points
* Thirty Third Prizes: 5,000 Microsoft Points

The Play & Win and Download & Win promotions from Xbox.com are an easy way to jump in and interact with the Xbox LIVE community. It's easy to enter and you could win some great prizes. Look for more exciting Play & Win promotions in the future!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (includes D.C.), Canada (excluding Quebec), Singapore, United Kingdom 18+ . Skill-testing question required for potential Canadian/Singapore winners. Game ends November 23, 2008. For details including free, alternate method of entry, see the Official Rules.
Man of Kent
Man of Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Man of Kent wrote:
Manse wrote: but i have now completed on insane so i might have a better look later Very Happy

I.... I... What about the co-op LOL

Seriously good fun this afo mate especially that bit at the top of the courtyard

Go 15 to do on insane now

oh yeah , bugger lol , knew there was something i had to do lol , here we go , round 2 Sad
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Man of Kent Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:07 am

M4N5E this is going to make you cry

I carried on playing co-op tonight on insane; mid level some guy joined asking what the difficulty was

insane I say

so we play through for a bit and I'm thinking either this guy is shit hot or I am finding this easier

after ending act 2 I exit it out to watch spooks and see he is playing on normal but I am on insane but clearly the difficulty level was brought down by him playing at normal

yet i have the levels completed on insane

Very Happy

seems that if the host is playing on insane he/she will get the credit for that whatever level the player joining the game is playing on

should make knocking off my last few levels really easy if you still fancy helping me out
Man of Kent
Man of Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:15 am

definately MOK , i think you should do it all with both of us on insane just for the buzz anyway , this game seriously comes into its own on insane with some seriously tough sections to work through , count me in monsier Kent , am loving gears 2 Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Got it, quite a tidy update, things are little less to hand and hidden away but familiarity will no doubt solve that, like the 8 player chat/game/lobby room thingy and I even managed to cram 2 games onto a standard HDD but sod all room left well I tell a lie, 180MB on the HDD and 198MB on my memory card........might have to dump one of the games of the HDD as I can see some issues in future with my 360 track record LOL
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:49 pm

Well i dont know about everyone else, but i really really like the new update, for a number of reasons.

1, It has given a load of new resolution options. 1680 x 1050, which supports my monitor yay being one of them.

2, The Forza theme puts all my friends into a pit lane, next to a different car Smile Smile which is quite cool, even if it does take a minute to realise who is online.

3, The party system, we all wanted it, we all like it. no more fucking stupid yank kids calling us fags and other racist names...... especially funny when two of the party are trying to gang up on my poor VW corrado, (no names *Cough* hereward *cough* and fail badly Smile Smile

what i would have liked to have seen however is the chat to be a bit more next gen, like some of the pc chats like teamspeak etc. where you can HEAR everyone but only your party if you like hear you speak...

But hey, IMO very very good....
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Penguin Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Have to admit, I'm liking the new update too. I'm especially looking forward to trying out the party system, when I eventually get a game that everyone is playing Smile

Guess I'll have to start Gears on Insane if I'm gonna join you lot, my bro will love that Razz
Evil Penguin
Evil Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down