Online Fanboyz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ferrari Challenge Rouls
Overtaking EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm by GTNeidher

» GTP5 Online
Overtaking EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:01 pm by Hereward

» Home club
Overtaking EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 pm by GTNeidher

» Home....no it will be released
Overtaking EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm by Hereward

» Tonights Racing,
Overtaking EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 pm by Manse

» New NXE Dashboard update
Overtaking EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm by Evil Penguin

» ITS A BOY!!!
Overtaking EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm by Evil Penguin

» Gears of war 2
Overtaking EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 pm by Evil Penguin

» Post your Online ID
Overtaking EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm by Manse

Top posters
Hereward (346)
Overtaking Vote_lcapOvertaking Voting_barOvertaking Vote_rcap 
Manse (223)
bigjizzy (208)
Joker (133)
david79uk (104)
Evil Penguin (23)
Man of Kent (21)
SkytracK (12)
Curt (10)
Bansheeragger (7)

Gallery

Overtaking Empty
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Overtaking

3 posters

Go down

Overtaking Empty Overtaking

Post by bigjizzy Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:18 pm

This one, is just for you MANSE

Appendix L Chapter 4 Article 2(g) International Sporting Code

CHAPTER IV - CODE OF DRIVING CONDUCT ON CIRCUITS
(Art. 1 refers to Overtaking in the contents page)

a) During a race, a car alone on the track may use the full width of the said track. However, as soon as it is caught up on a straight by a car which is either temporarily or constantly faster, the driver shall give the other vehicle the right of way by pulling over to one side in order to allow for passing on the other side.
b) If the driver who has been caught does not seem to make full use of his rear-view mirror the flag marshal(s) will give a warning by waving the blue flag to indicate that another competitor wants to overtake.
Any driver who does not take notice of the blue flag may be penalised by the Sporting Stewards. Systematic or repeated offences may result in the exclusion of the offender from the race.
c) Curves, as well as the approach and exit zones thereof, may be negotiated by the drivers in any way they wish, within the limits of the track. Overtaking, according to the circumstances, may be done either on the right or on the left. However, maneuvers liable to hinder other drivers such as premature changes of direction, more than one change of direction, deliberate crowding of cars towards the inside or the outside of the curve or any other abnormal change of direction, are strictly prohibited and shall be penalised, according to the importance and repetition of the offences, by penalties ranging from a fine to the exclusion from the race. The repetition of dangerous driving, even involuntary, may result in the exclusion from the race.
d) Any obstructive maneuver carried out by one or several drivers, either having common interests or not, is prohibited. The persistent driving abreast of several vehicles, as well as fan shaped arrangement, is authorised only if there is not another car trying to overtake. Otherwise the blue flag will be waved.
e) The penalty inflicted for ignoring the blue flag will also be applied to the drivers who obstruct part of the track and shall be more severe in the case of systematic obstruction, thus ranging from a fine to the exclusion from the race. The same penalty shall be applied to drivers who swing from one side of the track to the other in order to prevent other competitors from overtaking.
f) The repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of control over the car (such as leaving the track) may entail the exclusion of the drivers concerned.
g) The race track alone shall be used by the drivers during the race.

Drive through penalty Article 16.3 (a)

16) INCIDENTS

"Incident" means any occurrence or series of occurrences involving one or more drivers, or any action by any driver, which is reported to the stewards by the race director (or noted by the stewards and referred to the race director for investigation) which:

- Necessitated the suspension of a race under Article 41;
- Constituted a breach of these Sporting Regulations or the Code;
- Caused a false start by one or more cars;
- Caused a collision;
- Forced a driver off the track;
- Illegitimately prevented a legitimate overtaking maneuver by a driver;
- Illegitimately impeded another driver during overtaking.

Unless it was completely clear that a driver was in breach of any of the above, any incidents involving more than one car will normally be investigated after the race.

a) It shall be at the discretion of the stewards to decide, upon a report or a request by the race director, if a driver or drivers involved in an incident shall be penalised.

b) If an incident is under investigation by the stewards a message informing all teams which driver or drivers are involved will be displayed on the timing monitors.

Provided that such a message is displayed no later than five minutes after the race has finished the driver or drivers concerned may not leave the circuit without the consent of the stewards.

The stewards may impose any one of three penalties on any driver involved in an Incident:

a) A drive-through penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane and re-join the race without stopping;

b) A ten second time penalty. The driver must enter the pit lane, stop at his pit for at least ten seconds and then re-join the race.

c) A drop of ten grid positions at the driver’s next Event.

However, should either of the penalties under a) and b) above be imposed during the last five laps, or after the end of a race, Article 16.4b) below will not apply and 25 seconds will be added to the elapsed race time of the driver concerned.

bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Overtaking Empty Re: Overtaking

Post by Manse Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:59 pm

1 , i like the idea of the drive through penalty although i am not sure how we can work it in a fair manner

2, are you insinuating something about my overtaking manouveres ?

3, you will be pulling over for me all night as i am clearly faster Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Manse wrote:1 , i like the idea of the drive through penalty although i am not sure how we can work it in a fair manner

LOL i wasnt insuating we need penalties, as that would need observers / adjudicators. We could perhaps have replay viewers or spectators for when we get uber competative.

Manse wrote:
2, are you insinuating something about my overtaking manouveres ?
Err well em, YES Smile Smile Smile

Manse wrote:
3, you will be pulling over for me all night as i am clearly faster Very Happy
Step out of your Poogot and well see Smile Smile hehe.
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:30 am

Not that hard to cover the racing line and make the quicker cars take the long way round, and closeing the door is ok as long as it's done in a manner not to cause a crash or done repeatedly in quick succession. If someone calls a passing move let the through but if they call it on a turn keep your line if theres a risk of you falling off the road. If your passing on the straights call it you'll be let passed, if your going for it on a corner dont expect the guy to move off line, you got to work for it but let them know your alongside. If your going to put your car where it's going to get hit then it's your look out, remember though you'll probubley both go off!! And finaly beware of idiots, going for a pass on a straight or rather lapping the guy, I was shoved into a wall, luckily I saw it coming, got on the brakes so suffered minimal damage........unlike the guy who thought it was funny to try and take the second place guy in a 25 lap race........hit squad sprang into action LOL
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

https://onlinefanboyz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum