Online Fanboyz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ferrari Challenge Rouls
the maple valley a class challenge EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm by GTNeidher

» GTP5 Online
the maple valley a class challenge EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:01 pm by Hereward

» Home club
the maple valley a class challenge EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 pm by GTNeidher

» Home....no it will be released
the maple valley a class challenge EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm by Hereward

» Tonights Racing,
the maple valley a class challenge EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 pm by Manse

» New NXE Dashboard update
the maple valley a class challenge EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm by Evil Penguin

» ITS A BOY!!!
the maple valley a class challenge EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm by Evil Penguin

» Gears of war 2
the maple valley a class challenge EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 pm by Evil Penguin

» Post your Online ID
the maple valley a class challenge EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm by Manse

Top posters
Hereward (346)
the maple valley a class challenge Vote_lcapthe maple valley a class challenge Voting_barthe maple valley a class challenge Vote_rcap 
Manse (223)
the maple valley a class challenge Vote_lcapthe maple valley a class challenge Voting_barthe maple valley a class challenge Vote_rcap 
bigjizzy (208)
Joker (133)
david79uk (104)
Evil Penguin (23)
Man of Kent (21)
SkytracK (12)
Curt (10)
Bansheeragger (7)

Gallery

the maple valley a class challenge Empty
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

the maple valley a class challenge

5 posters

Go down

the maple valley a class challenge Empty the maple valley a class challenge

Post by david79uk Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:14 pm

ayup chaps

ok seeing as a lot of us dont put enough time into this game to become gods like those little fecking kids on the scoreboards i have decided to make a challege.

aswell as manse's time table(which in all credit he deserves a great big cake for bringing some more life into the game) i have decided to make a challenge for maple valley in a class,all you have to do it have a car built to the a850 spec and also you have to set the time in MANUAL ONLY.
now some of you chaps might not be able to use manual what with it being a pain in the arse not having a wheel or clutch but maple valley is the easiest track to drive in manual.

the challenge is to see out of all of us here on onlinefanboyz can have the best time by christmas,why christmas?well because even though its an easy track to drive manual it can still take a little time to get used to and also at some point if some of you get a great time but think you can do better then you are allowed to change the car if need be.

this comp will not interfere with the online racing nights,its a comp you can do in your own time and so practice when ever you want,just make sure your happy with your setup that you practice on free run so that it records your time for proof.

TIPS:if your new to manual driving a good tip should the car you choose be ranked in the top 100 on maple vally,you can choose to watch the replays,when watching the replays click the behind the car view so you can see where there breaking and also turn on the telementry to see how much there accelerating and decelerating round corners etc.

good luck to all even though i now plan to destroy your times lol
david79uk
david79uk
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

the maple valley a class challenge Empty Re: the maple valley a class challenge

Post by Manse Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:58 pm

ok will go for that but it has to be set in free run so there is no drafting , never driven manual before so will be a nice change and something different although maple valley A class could be a bit of a nightmare , works mint in C class and drove it in B class last night and it was a tough race Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by david79uk Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:18 pm

the only problem in a class on that track is that left hand dip just after the big right hand corner after the start,i find that if you just take your finger off accel and just tap the break then straight on the accel and hold left then you can get round it at about 120 mph,by the first bump you want to be hitting about 131mph.

also if your driving in manual you need to be using no more than 5 gears,drop to 3rd for the corners and leave it in 4th for the straights,then when your halfway down that bottom hill towards the right hand corner leading onto the finish line you want to be in 5th,by the time your back at the big right corner after the straight you need to be hitting anthing from 158-162mph and then drop into third,as your comming to the end of the big right hand then whack in back in fourth,dont take it out of 4th for the left hand dip corner but when breaking just try not to lose too much speed.

when your at the first bump keep in 4th untill the end of the straight and as your breaking left put it in thrid,when your at the bottom of the dip put it in fourth and then break and back into 3rd,this way you dont lose traction too much round that swooping left corner,as your climbing into the uphill left turn hit 4th again just as you hit the hill and get ready to turn into the uphill right turn,if your losing too much speed up here put it into third and when you get over the top wait till your past the first twist before you put it back into fourth,then make sure your hitting the left into right hand sweres perfectly and try not to use the curbs if you can,as you swoop down into the downhill right turn put it into 5th if your red lining and then just becarefull when making that final down hill right hander into the finishing straight.
david79uk
david79uk
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:51 pm

I think someone's been doing a lot of this class on this track Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Manse Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:54 pm

yeah he does seem to be in the know about it , but just think how satisfying its goin to be to beat him lol Very Happy
Manse
Manse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hereward Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:44 pm

I was running against a couple of E30 M3's yesterday, the ones tuned for grip wher ok but the one tuned for speeeeed JESUS did that thing take the piss on Mugello!
Hereward
Hereward
Admin
Admin

https://onlinefanboyz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Penguin Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:02 am

Me driving a manual in Forza...this should be interesting Razz
Evil Penguin
Evil Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post by david79uk Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:13 am

i bought this game at the end of january this year and dont know what it is but i just love the track layout of maple valley,seeing as its a created track by turn10 they did a great job,especially when you look at the state of there test tracks,have any of you ever tried maple valley in u class?lol try it in a ferrari f50gt(the u class killer)i can do it in 01:12.xxx.crazy that car is i tells ya
david79uk
david79uk
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by david79uk Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:54 am

managed to get a new pb yesterday afternoon.

new pb is now 01.27.593
david79uk
david79uk
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjizzy Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 am

I only drive in manual as MANSE found out yesterday lol.

"jizzy why are you slow out of that corner"
"was looking at you and missed a gear Sad"
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down