Online Fanboyz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ferrari Challenge Rouls
The Force Unleashed - Demo EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm by GTNeidher

» GTP5 Online
The Force Unleashed - Demo EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:01 pm by Hereward

» Home club
The Force Unleashed - Demo EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 pm by GTNeidher

» Home....no it will be released
The Force Unleashed - Demo EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm by Hereward

» Tonights Racing,
The Force Unleashed - Demo EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 pm by Manse

» New NXE Dashboard update
The Force Unleashed - Demo EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:38 pm by Evil Penguin

» ITS A BOY!!!
The Force Unleashed - Demo EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm by Evil Penguin

» Gears of war 2
The Force Unleashed - Demo EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 pm by Evil Penguin

» Post your Online ID
The Force Unleashed - Demo EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm by Manse

Top posters
Hereward (346)
The Force Unleashed - Demo Vote_lcapThe Force Unleashed - Demo Voting_barThe Force Unleashed - Demo Vote_rcap 
Manse (223)
The Force Unleashed - Demo Vote_lcapThe Force Unleashed - Demo Voting_barThe Force Unleashed - Demo Vote_rcap 
bigjizzy (208)
Joker (133)
david79uk (104)
Evil Penguin (23)
Man of Kent (21)
SkytracK (12)
Curt (10)
Bansheeragger (7)

Gallery

The Force Unleashed - Demo Empty
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Online Fanboyz on your social bookmarking website

The Force Unleashed - Demo

4 posters

Go down

The Force Unleashed - Demo Empty The Force Unleashed - Demo

Post by Evil Penguin Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:33 pm

After downloading this from XBL the other day, I finally got around to trying it out.

For those that don't know, TFU is a third-person shooter - well ok, not shooter as it's a bloke with a lightsaber, but you know what I mean - based in the Star Wars universe. It's set between the events of episodes III and IV, and you play as Darth Vaders young assassin known as The Apprentice. It's your job to do Mr. Vaders bidding, which basically involves mass slaughter Twisted Evil

The demo has a few of the Force powers unlocked, giving you a little teaser of what to expect. You have Force Lightning, Force Grip, Force Push and Force Dash. You are also given a couple of combo attack moves to play with, like charging your customary evil red lightsaber with Force Lightning before twatting nearby Rebels and Stormtroopers (remember, everyone must die) and watching them be impaled, electrocuted, and collapsing to the floor in a spasm. You can also use Force Lightning to charge objects, with Force Grip and Push to send them hurtling towards your enemies.

From what I've heard, the lightsaber fights aren't quite as exciting as they should be, but that hasn't stopped me pre-ordering this game. There's something about using Force Grip to dangle a Stormtrooper upside down, before using Force Push and flinging him down a corridor to take out an advancing unit of Rebels, that just puts a big grin on my face. Stormtrooper bowling, it could catch on.

I'm curious to see what online content this game has, but I really hope it has DeathMatch and Versus modes.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is due out on 19/09/2008.
Evil Penguin
Evil Penguin

Back to top Go down

The Force Unleashed - Demo Empty Re: The Force Unleashed - Demo

Post by bigjizzy Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:36 pm

Knights of the old republic on PC, which this game is based on.

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN
bigjizzy
bigjizzy
fanboy addict
fanboy addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bansheeragger Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:07 pm

I gotta admit after watching you running through the demo it looked pretty impressive. Its also nice to see the game being played from the point of view of the "bad guys" Razz

So only a couple of weeks to wait eh bro! Wink
Bansheeragger
Bansheeragger

Back to top Go down

The Force Unleashed - Demo Empty The force unleashed

Post by Captain Siclone Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:37 am

OXM gave it 8/10. Summing up their review, they say it is visually stunning, force powers are enjoyable, but it is not that sophisticated (too easy to plough through the enemies). They don't mention online content though. Having played the demo, I think their comments are pretty accurate, will probably go and prorder it today.

Captain Siclone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum